Wednesday, July 29, 2009

GPS

One of the best inventions in my lifetime is the GPS - Navigation system. How did I ever function without it? I remember driving in strange cities in the middle of the night with my car light on trying to read a map. I remember stopping in the middle of the night at sleazy looking gas stations to ask for directions. I remember being lost in places like Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Cincinnati, Ft. Lauderdale, and more. It's a different story now. Monday night I landed in Dallas very, very late (flight delayed over 2 hours). I had already put my destination into my phone GPS. When I picked up the rental car, I just pushed "calculate route" and I was on my way. For over 30 miles, in the middle of the night, in a strange city, I felt no stress or concern that I would not find my way. My trusting phone took me right to the hotel, arriving at nearly 2:00 a.m. The next morning, it took me directly to my meeting, then right back to the airport. Piece of cake. $10 a month is well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment