Monday, August 24, 2009

LeRoy

LeRoy Oscar Sinness – firstborn son, carrier of his father’s name, oldest brother. Today he left us. As I sit in seat 10B, flying over the prairies, I hurt. Another brother is gone – prematurely, it seems to me. He would have been 68 next month.

LeRoy was 10 years old when I was born. For the first half of my life I didn’t know him very well. Then we moved to the same state in which he lived and we started to connect in a new way. I’m so thankful we did! I discovered what a wonderful man he was. I found out that he was thoughtful and kind. He was always so supportive of me and believed in me. And he seemed to have such common sense about everything!

On his birthday, September 27, I will share memories. But for now, I need to say that all of us who knew him experienced a big loss today. And it’s hard.

This picture was taken this past spring.

2 comments:

  1. Has anyone checked in on Grandma to see how she's taking it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awful loss. I am deeply saddened to hear this news. He, and my daddy, were way too young. May he rest in peace, I asked my daddy to take care of him up there. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Audrey, as well as the rest of your siblings and especially grandma. I love you.

    ReplyDelete