Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Memories

They are going to be sharing memories tomorrow morning at the funeral home and the lunch afterwards. How I wish I was there to hear them! My older siblings have childhood memories of him; memories from the time he was born, memories of his early years. I have no idea what he was like as a child or as a young teen. I'm not even sure what he was like as a young adult. I really only knew LeRoy from around age 50 or so. How sad is that! How much I missed! If I could go back and do it over again, I would have reached out to him very early on; I would have made an effort to know him sooner and better. I know my life would be much richer if I had done that.

As I make my three-hour drive to the airport tomorrow morning, my heart and mind will be in Wisconsin. And I know many others will be feeling the same way. I hope he knows -- and understands.

No comments:

Post a Comment