Monday, September 28, 2009

Back in Iowa

Here I am in Storm Lake, Iowa, again. Lots of issues to deal with this week. But the drive from Omaha to here was really nice. I didn't get behind any big trucks this time. And this farmer-girl's heart took delight in seeing all the haying and the harvesting going on. The corn that was so green and beautiful a few weeks ago now looks brown and nearly ready to harvest. Before starting the drive, my sister, Evie, and I had a 2 1/2 hour lunch at Panera's. It sure was good to have an uninterrupted sister 1:1. Wish we would have had more time. Also got to see Annette for a short while. I hope we can do this more often. Now I need to catch up on my work email that piled up over the day. I have a nice cup of tea and a piece of dark chocolate to finish off the day....

No comments:

Post a Comment