Friday, March 5, 2010

Dear Aunt Elvera


I'm so glad I went to Tacoma. It was good to see all the aunts and uncles today. But this entry is about my Aunt Elvera. I couldn't believe it when I heard in January that she was in the hospital with pneumonia. Then she was back in the hospital, then it was other things going wrong. I'm not sure what the immediate future holds, but I'm sure glad I had a few short visits with this special person. It breaks my heart to see her feeling so poorly. Dearest Aunt, please know that many, many people love you, care deeply about you and are praying for you. I will always honor and admire you. Your strength, your sense of humor, your steadfastness and your beautiful spirit have blessed all of us over the years. Thank you for being who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment