Friday, March 26, 2010

Pals Cabin

Complain, complain, complain. I know I do a lot of complaining about my grueling life on the road and in the air. Finding good food is the biggest challenge I have. Tonight I struck gold! Not far from the hotel is a place called Pals Cabin, in business since 1932. It is advertised as a steakhouse, and I don't like steak. But I thought I'd give it a try because (1) it is not a chain restaurant, (2) I like trying different places; and (3) most steak houses also sell chicken and fish. And, boy, did they have a good menu! I debated between the crab cakes, the salmon, and the scallops. Well, I had salmon at the meeting last night and crab cakes can sometimes be a little sweet, so I settled on the scallops. Should I have them broiled, sauteed, blackened, or fried? Broiled it was. Yummmmm. Those were the best scallops I've ever had (except for once in Seattle). Yes, I am spending Friday night alone in a New Jersey hotel. But just thinking of Pals Cabin makes me smile. And tomorrow I go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment